Emmanuel Baptist Church
Emmanuel Baptist Church in Sterling, CO, is seeking a full-time Associate Pastor of Families and Youth. Emmanuel is a conservative, Reformed Baptist, elder-led congregation in rural northeastern Colorado. The applicant must be called to minister to families and youth both inside and outside the church. The applicant must agree with Emmanuel’s Statement of Faith. He must be a man of good character meeting the requirements of an elder as found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4. A seminary or Bible college degree or equivalent experience in the ministry field is required.
We seek a highly relational pastor who can build personal relationships with parents and youth. While serving under the leadership of the Senior Pastor, the candidate will help minister to the entire congregation and share many pastoral responsibilities church-wide. He must have a willingness to train and strengthen parents to see that they are the primary disciple-makers of their children. The candidate should have training or experience in pastoral counseling. He must demonstrate a desire and competency in discipling others to grow in their faith. He must be able to equip and lead a ministry team of volunteers. The position requires a motivated, self-starter who has multi-tasking and organizational skills. Sterling’s population is approximately 15,000 and is surrounded by smaller rural communities. A willingness to understand rural culture or having lived in a small town is preferred.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Russell Hershberger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hilltop Baptist Church
Hilltop Baptist Church in Cabot, Arkansas is looking for a conservative pastor who is called by God to the ministry and bold in his convictions. He must preach the gospel unashamedly. Prior pastoral experience is not required, nor is a formal academic degree or ordination. This position is bivocational in nature, and the salary is negotiable. Age does not matter. Our church is a small congregation that is very friendly, and we are all like family. If you have further questions or interest, you may contact Matt West at email@example.com or 501-538-4621.
Hilltop Baptist Church
14802 Old Hwy 5
Cabot, AR 72023
Sardis Baptist Church
Acts 20:28-32; 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; 1 Peter 5:1-4
General Description for Associate Pastor:
The Associate Pastor is primarily responsible for working closely with the Senior Pastor in leading the church through the preaching and teaching of God’s Word, development and refining of the church vision, general church administration, and oversight of family ministries. This is a full-time position. The Associate Pastor is a team pastor position governed by all applicable paragraphs in the current Sardis Baptist Church Constitution, Article 2, Section 2 - Pastoral Staff.
- Regularly preach and teach God’s Word.
- Work closely with Senior Pastor in the development and casting of church vision for discipling church members, reaching our community with the gospel, practically caring for our community, and spreading the gospel throughout the world
- Serves as the Chairman of the Family Ministry Team
- Responsible for the biblically based development, implementation, and oversight of the children’s and youth ministries falling under the family ministries umbrella
- Responsible for the recruiting and training of ministry leaders needed within the various Family Ministry areas of responsibility
- Works with family ministry leaders and adult ministry leaders to provide an efficient transition from children’s ministry to the youth group, and from youth group to adult ministries
- Prepare and present the Family Ministry budget on an annual basis
- Responsible for overseeing all ministry duties in the absence of the Senior Pastor
- Conducts or assists in weekly church services
- Conducts or assists in weddings and funerals for church members as needed
- Represents the pastoral staff at committee and ministry team meetings as needed
- Cooperates with all staff and various committees to promote unity and continuity of all ministry endeavors within the church
Education & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree from accredited Christian seminary preferred
- At least two (2) years of ministry experience
Personal Growth Responsibilities:
- Maintains a continued growth of personal calling and a mature walk with the Lord through Bible study and prayer
- Maintains personal priorities within the home and family as the spiritual leader of the home
- Develops and exercises personal evangelism within and outside the church
Please Contact: Mark Hardenbrook firstname.lastname@example.org
Crossroads Community Church
We are a small (20 members) reformed Baptist church located in Lancaster, New Hampshire. The congregation is biblically sound and grounded in truth. Since we are a small church, our financial resources will not allow support of a full-time pastor, although there could be a small stipend. The role would require the candidate to be bi-vocational. The town of Lancaster has approximately 3500 residents, and multiple churches in town. It is an open community of friendly people, and there are great opportunities for ministry endeavors among the community. We are a church that holds to the 5 solas and are Calvinistic in our doctrinal stance. The candidate must be grounded and balanced. Prior pastoral experience may be helpful, but it is not a necessity. The church’s name “Crossroads Community Church” reflects our mission focus, as we are all at a crossroad in life. If you are interested in becoming part of this loving, lively church body, please contact Brother Roy Palmer at 603-331-5148.
First Baptist Church
First Baptist Church in Mena, Arkansas has a vacancy for the full-time Senior Pastor position. We are looking for a man who is called by God to provide biblical teaching and expository preaching. A candidate must adhere to sound biblical doctrine and meet scriptural qualifications for the office of pastor. This position calls for Spirit-led decision-making, wise determination of church policy, and careful stewardship of funds. It also calls for protecting and defending the flock, confronting sin, carrying out church discipline, praying, governing, organizing, ordaining other leaders, exhorting, encouraging, and rebuking.
We are a congregation with a normal weekly attendance of about 125 and a Sunday school attendance of about 90. Mena is a town of about 6,000 people in a beautiful, safe, rural county in southwestern Arkansas. If you are called to this kind of ministry, we would love to hear from you.
Please email resumes to: email@example.com (Attn: Pam)
First Baptist Church
West Memphis, AR
The Next Generation Associate Pastor requires an individual who is a born-again Christian, called to ministry, with an unwavering love for all of God's people. The ultimate goal of this position is to lead Kindergarten through College ministry participants to become faithful followers of Christ by leading them into a growing relationship with God, teaching them how to lead others, and incorporating ownership of their faith. The Next Generation Associate Pastor should equip students to make significant strides in their relationship with God by building relationships with students and nourishing them with biblically sound teaching. This individual must model a lifestyle of complete surrender to God's Word and requires full job accountability to the Senior Pastor, including the vision that the Lord has provided for the church: Love God,
Care for One Another, and Share the Gospel.
- Personal Qualities:
- Adhere to the FBCWM Statement of Faith.
- Adhere to the BFM 2000.
- Be accountable to the Senior Pastor.
- Maintain a personal close walk with the Lord through prayer, spending time in the Word, worship, etc.
- Provide general oversight for Kindergarten through College ministries.
- Develop a unified and cohesive ministry plan for Kindergarten through College ministries to promote the mission of the church to: “Love God,” “Care for One Another,” and “Share the Gospel.”
- Develop strategies to enlist, equip, and encourage volunteers ministering in Kindergarten through College ministries.
- In conjunction with appropriate ministry teams and church leadership, prepare a yearly budget for Next Gen ministries of the church.
- Be accountable and responsible for operating within the guideline of the budget.
- Provide oversight for ongoing communication with children, students, parents, volunteers, and church members at-large concerning the Next Gen Ministries of the church.
- Oversee 6th-College Ministries.
- Lead students to have a close and personal walk with the Lord.
- Lead, plan, promote, and carry out Wednesday night and Sunday morning, and Sunday Night programs, and meetings for student ministry (6th-12th.)
- Seek and provide ways to enlist, train, and incorporate parents and other interested adults into the work of student ministry.
- Work with the youth committee and Small Group teachers.
- Maintain regular and ongoing communication with parents of students and with the church.
- Seek to establish relationships with appropriate areas of public and private school personnel for the purpose of communicating FBC ministry to students. Be involved as opportunities present themselves in school related activities.
- Oversee a student ministry presence in social media, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Oversee and chaperone yearly summer camps.
- Cooperate with the church staff in supporting church efforts, in discipleship, evangelism/outreach, worship, missions, and other ministries of the church. Seek ways to include students in the overall ministries of the church.
- Perform hospital, prospect, and ministry visits.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
Emmanuel Baptist Church
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Emmanuel Baptist Church is blessed to be located in Canada’s beautiful capital city. We are a warm and welcoming group of believers. Jesus Christ and the gospel are at the center of everything we do. We take the Bible seriously as our only rule of faith and practice as we seek to preach it fervently and obey it faithfully.
We currently have three elders in their sixties, and we are seeking a young pastor to join our team and continue the work. The candidate must take the Scriptures seriously and never change its message due to cultural influences. He must lead the church to stand on the truths of the Scriptures regardless of the consequences. No experience is needed as we have three experienced elders who can help the new pastor in his transition to the pastorate.
Please note that this is a “tent-making” opportunity as the congregation is not able currently to financially support a pastor.
More information on our church may be found here: https://emmanuelbaptistchurchottawa.ca/.
If you are interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to Rodrigo Lima at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oak Grove Church
MISSION: Reach, teach, and live out what it means to be wholehearted followers of Christ.
POSITION SUMMARY: Oak Grove Church is seeking a full time Associate Pastor of Worship and Family Ministry, with priority given to family-equipping discipleship and majority engagement with 6-12th grade students and families. This associate pastor will also receive the leadership reins from our current volunteer music leader and devote time to developing our worship ministry further with the current leader’s and team’s support.
- Character, Heart, Personality
Training & Experience
- Biblical pastor/shepherd leader recognized by abiding and increasing faith in Christ, the fruit of the Spirit, gives evidence of personal worship, evangelism, and discipleship.
- Teachable spirit, able to receive constructive criticism and apply it for personal development.
- Demonstrated track record for Word-centered equipping of Christians and reproducing disciple-makers.
- Passion for championing family-equipping discipleship.
- Passion to pastorally lead congregation in theologically rich music with creative musical expression.
- Desire to work with and take direction from Elders and Lead Pastor as part of a team environment to ministry.
- Agrees with Oak Grove Constitution and Bylaws, Mission, Vision, Values, Philosophy of Ministry, and execution of the above.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related field (Bible/Theology/Biblical Counseling, Worship Ministry, Family/Student Ministry, Pastoral Ministry, etc.) from theologically conservative Bible College or Seminary, or equivalent experience.
- Proven leadership experience in student and family ministry or music and worship ministry with a desire to embrace both ministries, with preference given to someone with fruitful staff or internship experience.
- Some exposure, training, or experience in biblical counseling in agreement with the Biblical Counseling Coalition (BCC), the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors (ACBC), or the Christian Counseling and Education Foundation (CCEF), and a desire and willingness to pursue certification with ACBC (https://biblicalcounseling.com/training/) or Association of Biblical Counselors (ABC- https://christiancounseling.com /certification-overview/) in a timeframe to be agreed upon with the Lead Pastor and Elders (influenced by prior training and
- Able to rightly divide the Word of God, and faithfully teach it in age-appropriate settings.
- Eager and able to build effective relationships with people of varying ages and demographics, practicing healthy boundaries for relationships with women and students. A joyful, expressive personality is a plus here.
- Able to envision and communicate need for ministry teams, then develop structure, recruit, disciple, and empower ministry leaders and team members.
- Musical ability to lead corporate worship and proficiency with primary instrument.
- Proficiency with modern technology for worship ministry, team collaboration and development.
- Anticipate budgetary needs; develop and propose budget recommendations, and responsibly manage ministry finances with accountability.
- Pastoral Leadership for Family-Equipping Discipleship (~60% of time)
Music and Worship Ministry (~40% of time)
- As God has called parents to be primary in their children’s evangelism and discipleship, this pastor will cast this biblical vision, support parents through everyday equipping and resourcing, and maintain a simple calendar that seeks to give families time to minister to those in their spheres of influence.
- Work with parents and ministry team members to foster meaningful biblical community among middle and high school students and their families.
- Identify, examine, and train potential volunteers for family ministry, developing, empowering, and supporting them to serve in their unique areas of giftedness.
- Care and counseling.
Pastoral Staff and Administrative Responsibilities (% of time overlaps with other duties)
- Prayerfully plan and lead biblically rich worship services, gleaning from the best of new and old songs, prayers, readings, etc.
- Work with Lead Pastor, Elders, and worship team to assess current corporate worship, identify areas for growth, and develop a phased plan for implementation.
- Recruit, develop and give direction to worship and tech team members.
- Lead the preparation for and execution of corporate worship on Sunday morning.
- Coordinate special Christian seasonal worship services and assist with music and tech for weddings and funerals as needed.
- Share corporate worship preaching ministry several times annually (~8-12 times [adjustable] as agreed upon with the Lead Pastor and Elders).
- Clearly and consistently communicate needs under your oversight with Lead Pastor, Elders, ministry team members, participants, and church family.
- Oversee administrative responsibilities related to ministries.
- Other duties as assigned by Lead Pastor and Elders.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Full-time position with salary commensurate with education and experience.
- Two weeks paid vacation.
- One week paid conference leave with budget for expenses.
HOW TO APPLY
Please provide the following via email: email@example.com. If possible, please provide items 1-4 in a single document — a PDF is preferable, but Word, Pages, or a Google Doc are all acceptable.
- Cover letter and resume with five references (two personal (non-family), two ministry-related, and at least one professional).
- A written testimony of your personal salvation, a significant challenge and recent growth in Christ.
- Personal statement of faith (if best communicated by another organizational statement, please send that statement as the most accurate representation of your beliefs).
- A one-page summary of your philosophy of ministry tailored to this position.
- A five-to-ten-minute introduction video of yourself.
- A video of you teaching in a related environment and leading worship (if you don’t have video leading corporate worship, a video in another setting or alone is fine as well). Please note: We’re interested in getting a feel for you, not evaluating the quality of the recording.